SELLER BROKER SERVICES
SPECIALIZING IN PISTON ENGINE AIRCRAFT SALES
Ronald Blevins, CFI, CFII
Are you seeking to sell your single-engine or multi-engine aircraft? If so, there are traditionally three ways to go about selling an aircraft. One, you can seek a retail price by choosing to go through the selling process yourself. This is the most profitable way to accomplish the task (maybe!) if you know all you need to know about the market. Becoming this educated is a time consuming process. Selling an aircraft yourself takes enormous amounts of time. Two, you can sell your aircraft wholesale to a dealer/broker. In this case you will likely receive no more than 70%-80% of retail. Three, you can go through a traditional aircraft broker. The price for this service is a fee costing you thousands of dollars in the form of a flat fee or, most likely, a percentage of the selling price. Again, the result is a substantial reduction on the price received for the aircraft.
Tradition aircraft brokers charge fees ranging from $5000 flat fees to 5% of the selling price or more. For that money, you gain the expertise of an individual who will work with you every step of the way from initial discussions to the final sale. While this level of service is needed in many situations, it is not always feasible, practical, or even desired, especially with lower priced aircraft.
The aim of this business is as follows:
1. To educate the seller in the single-engine market as to value of the aircraft in question.
Detailed information will be gathered to ascertain the best compromise between the
maximum possible selling price and a realistic selling price for today's market. Of course, no guarantees can be made in this business. And no guarantees are given regarding any price recommendation.
2. To assist the seller in selling the aircraft in question. This will take one of two forms. First, we can list the aircraft on two FREE sites. Blevinsenterprises.com and aopa.org allow listings at no charge. However, you may not receive a response that is as strong as using the paid sites. Second, we can list the aircraft on the paid sites to include ASO.com; aircraft.com; and trade-a-plane.com. Using your photos and statistics, this agency will list your aircraft in these three (or one or two if you like) large on-line listings of aircraft. Regardless, once listed, this agency will handle and screen all initial callers regarding your aircraft as well as field all initial questions regarding your aircraft. You will only need to step into the process when a potential buyer has agreed to make an offer on the aircraft.
This agency does not normally come to view your aircraft. Opinions are based on your photos, log copies, and communications. Because Blevins Enterprises does not come to actually view your aircraft, and because all correspondence with you is via E-mail, etc., fees are the lowest in the industry.
Market research, photos, log copies, and extensive verbal conversation will be used to best determine a price for the aircraft in question. This agency will advise only in this matter. All pricing will be at your discretion.
The aircraft will be listed as you choose on internet marketing sites specializing in aircraft sales. If you choose to use paid sites, an initial fee to cover these expenses will be required. Your fee will cover these expenses for a single listing period to be no less than 30-days.
Aircraft buyer screening
This agency will handle all initial communications with potential buyers. We will serve as the intermediary between you and the potential buyer regarding questions about the plane, acceptable pricing, etc. The process will move to the next phase after you have received an initial minimum deposit of earnest money. It is possible a potential buyer will come to view the aircraft prior to placing a deposit on the aircraft. This is acceptable under certain conditions. Again, this agency will advise you in these matters. But specifically how this is handled will be your choice and responsibility.
Aircraft final sales closure
At this point, the buyer will arrange for a look at the aircraft and hopefully a pre-buy. You will be asked to get involved at this point to arrange demonstration flights and assist with making a pre-buy inspection possible. Following the pre-buy, you will handle matters regarding the final sale to include: FAA transfers, bill of sales, etc. Again, this agency will advise you in these matters if desired. But we serve as an advisor only. You are completely responsible for any matters concerning the actual sale of the aircraft. Our roll is limited to advertising, marketing, and initial screening only.
STRUCTURE ONE = This fee structure is as follows assuming the seller takes on ALL of the following aspects of the sale: showing the aircraft, arranging for the demo flight(s), working directly with the buyer after the screening process above. Using this process, Blevins Enterprises will likely never meet the buyer in person. As such, you will need some sales capabilities to "close" the deal. Fees for this method of engagement are as follows:
1. Using FREE advertising sites: $0 at the time of engagement, plus $1000 or 2% of the selling price of the aircraft, whichever is greater, plus mileage required. This fee is due to Blevins Enterprises at closing using a wire transfer.
2. Using PAID advertising sites: Based on your choice and selection of advertising rates, a fee sufficient to cover these advertising expenses (this fee is due regardless of whether or not the aircraft sells). Plus, $1000 or 2% of the selling price of the aircraft, whichever is greater, plus mileage required. This fee is due to Blevins Enterprises at closing using a wire transfer.
STRUCTURE TWO = This fee structure provides all the benefits of STRUCTURE ONE but provides our services as the selling agent. At this level, we will take delivery of your aircraft (in or near the Dallas area), personally handle showings and demonstration flight(s), and work directly with the buyer. Using this process, you (the seller) may never personally meet the buyer. This process requires the least amount of your personal time in selling the aircraft. Fees for this method of engagement are as follows:
1. Using FREE advertising sites: $0 at the time of engagement, plus $2000 or 4% of the selling price of the aircraft, whichever is greater, plus mileage required. This fee is due to Blevins Enterprises at closing using a wire transfer.
2. Using PAID advertising sites: Based on your choice and selection of advertising rates, a fee sufficient to cover these advertising expenses (this fee is completely non-refundable). Plus, $2000 or 4% of the selling price of the aircraft, whichever is greater, plus mileage due, plus any other expenses incurred. This fee is due to Blevins Enterprises at closing using a wire transfer.
We encourage all potential sellers to give us an initial no-obligation call. We will be happy to discuss your aviation needs and the unique merits of Blevins Enterprises. See contact information below.
Flying to be present for the initial viewing and pre-buy. This service is $250 per day plus all expenses arranged and paid for in advance. Time is limited for such activities and is only available under special circumstances.
CONDITIONS and TERMS
Both a Seller Agreement and a Disclaimer Form must be signed and returned to engage our services. Advertising fees, if any, will be billed based on the seller's choice of advertising types.
For the purpose of initial advertising fees, we accept cashier's checks and money orders only no credit cards made out to Blevins Enterprises. Fees at closing must be in the form of a wire transfer.
References are available upon request.
Abilene, TX 79608